Interpret’s Smart Home Matrix provides deep insight into smart home consumers and maps brand engagement to four buyer segments
June 23, 2020 – Consumer technology specialist Interpret today announced the launch of a new insights product focused on smart home consumers. The Smart Home Matrix provides insight into who is buying connected home products and which brands are capturing which segments of the market. The research quantifies the value propositions triggering smart home purchases and segments buyers based on the breadth and depth of their category engagement.
The Smart Home Matrix provides deep insight into lifestyles, product choices, subscriptions, shopping habits and demographics of smart home buyers.
The Smart Home Matrix is continuously updated to account for new technologies, platforms, and IP.
Topical coverage of the research includes:
- Product ownership and purchase intentions
- Value propositions prompting the smart home purchase journey
- Segmentation of smart home product purchasers based on category engagement (Converts, Collectors, Connectors, Conductors)
- Analysis of leading brands by buyer segment
- Strategies for brands to more effectively align with buyer segments
- Importance of interoperability among smart home products
- Attitudes towards purchases of stand-alone products versus integrated systems
- Concerns for data privacy and security among smart home product buyers
- Quantification of “app fatigue” and desire for a single smart home control interface
Products covered in the research include smart speakers, smart security systems, smart lighting, smart doorbells, smart thermostats, smart pet cameras/feeders, networked security cameras, smart door locks, smart leak and humidity detectors, smart sprinkler controllers, connected garage door controllers, smart smoke detectors, large smart appliances, smart kitchen appliances, smart air purifiers.
A sample of the leading brands included in the analysis are ADT, Alarm.com, Amazon Alexa, Apple, August Home, Bosch, Comcast Xfinity, D-Link, Ecobee, Facebook Portal, Furbo, Google Nest, Honeywell, Kwikset, Pawbo, Philips Hue, Ring, TP-Link, Vivint Smart Home, Wyze.
Smart Home Matrix is the newest addition to Interpret’s family of syndicated research products that includes:
- Esports Trends and Insights
- New Media Measure(R)
- New Media Measure(R) Global Profiles
- Smart Home Matrix(TM)