Research Manager – Video Game Insights in DALLAS, TX
Interpret is a global media, entertainment, and technology insights agency. We work with the biggest brands in entertainment and technology, across video games, movies and television, consumer electronics, social media, and advertising platforms.
We’re looking for a Research Manager to join our growing team in Dallas. This role requires the ability to think critically, tell a story using data, provide top-notch client service, and manage a team of analysts.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience at a traditional research supplier, with a personal passion for video games and technology. Previous client service and team management experience necessary. Client-side experience at a video game publisher, developer and/or technology firm a plus.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Seattle, Dallas, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Shanghai and Seoul, you will be working on behalf of industry-leading clients to help them make smart, data-driven business decisions across the game and consumer electronic product lifecycle. You will be responsible for ensuring quality, client-ready deliverables, working with and overseeing a team of smart, passionate analysts.
- Manage a team of analysts, ensuring their professional development and their delivery of quality insights to our clients
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of development, demonstrating a clear ability to multi-task
- Manage all phases of the quantitative and qualitative research process, including study design, questionnaire and discussion guide development, field/recruiting, and tab, data analysis and report generation
- Ensure quality control processes are in place across survey programming logic, data tables, participant rescreening (qual), and reports
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, writing cogent data-backed “stories” and present results to clients in an engaging and persuasive way
- Support the development of new products and sales efforts
- Work with external clients on a day-to-day basis to provide excellent service and ensure client satisfaction
- Managerial-minded; enjoy developing and growing a team
- Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story
- Multi-task capable and time sensitive; proficient in managing multiple research projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Client service-minded; enjoy helping clients solve problems
- Communicative; excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented; able to fully proof questionnaires, survey programming logic, data tables, and reports
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; SPSS a plus
- 4-7 years of experience in insights or market research, with the proven ability to manage a team, manage clients and manage the survey and qualitative research lifecycle, from writing questionnaires/discussion guides to overseeing fieldwork to analyzing results to presenting findings to clients and senior management. Ideally, with similar experience in the video game industry
Competitive salary + performance bonus, health/dental/vision, 401(k), unlimited vacation
Team Manager, Insights Analyst, Project Manager, Client Service