Assistant Business Analyst – Growth & Innovation
Interpret is a global media, entertainment and technology insights agency. We work with the biggest brands in entertainment and technology, across video games, movies and television, consumer electronics, social media and advertising platforms. While headquartered in Los Angeles, our team spans the globe. We have offices in San Francisco, Dallas, Seattle, London, Munich, Shangai and Seoul, and a network of strong local partners around the world. We are specialists in global consumer insight, with the majority of our engagements involving multiple markets and languages. For more information, visit https://interpret.la/.
We’re looking for an Assistant Business Analyst to join an exciting new team within the Growth and Innovation Division. This role requires the ability to think critically, tell a story using data, provide top-notch client service, and work with a team of equally passionate gaming enthusiasts. The ideal candidate is someone with a business/economics/psychology education and a demonstrated interest in product building and process development. We are looking for someone with a personal passion for video games who wants to apply their analytic skills and process driven experience to consumer insights and business intelligence.
At Interpret, we consider ourselves fun scientists with a purpose and we’re searching for someone who holds a common love for the industries we work in, consults clients to help them make smart, data-driven business decisions, and is ambitious in their career growth. A fun scientist is someone who thrives in a dynamic environment where your hobbies and personal passion for gaming, tech, and entertainment make work feel like a dream come true.
- Work with the members of the Growth and Innovation team to develop and implement new research products, processes, and methodologies.
- Help organize and formalize processes into repeatable and scalable procedures through the use of complex software tools.
- Provide documentation and training to onboard Interpret employees to new processes and procedures.
- Managing Interpret’s CRM system for its community of gamers.
- Create and document new processes within the current Interpret framework.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, helping write cogent data-backed “stories”.
Key Skills Needed
- Detail-oriented with an ability to both follow and create new research and processes.
- Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story.
- Team-oriented; enjoy growing with other team members.
- Multi-task capable and time-sensitive; proficient in working on multiple research projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- Client service-minded; enjoy helping clients solve problems.
- Communicative; excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; SPSS a plus.
- A four year-degree in Business Administration, Economics, Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business or corporate environment.
- Experience creating, supporting, or following processes and procedures.
- Experience working with sophisticated software that requires the use of complex logic or programming.
- Prior market research or primary research experience a plus.
- Prior experience with CRM systems a plus.
Competitive salary + performance bonus, health/dental/vision, 401(k), generous paid time off vacation policy, continuing education support, entertainment stipend, health & wellness program
Business Analyst, Process Development