Internship – Video Game Insights (LA)
Intern – Digital Media, Gaming & Technology
About the Role
We’re looking for a Research Intern to join our growing team in Los Angeles. This is a great opportunity to gain a well-rounded experience with a leading consumer market research and consulting firm focused on the intersection of traditional and new media both domestically and internationally. This is an internship position and Interpret will provide all necessary training. However, prior experience or coursework in market research and media/entertainment is a plus.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Seattle, Dallas, San Francisco, London, Shanghai and Seoul, you will be working on behalf of industry-leading clients to help them make smart, data-driven business decisions across the digital media, gaming, and consumer electronic product lifecycle. You will be responsible for helping ensure quality, client-ready deliverables, working with a team of smart, passionate analysts.
- Provide support with custom market research projects for video game, mobile, home entertainment, theatrical, and media & advertising clients (domestic and international attitude and usage studies, forecasting, market trend analysis, advertising effectiveness studies, etc.)
- Assist in all phases of the research process, including vendor management, study design, questionnaire development, monitoring fielding, data analysis and report generation
- Secondary responsibilities include working with Research Analysts, Research Managers, and Director-level staff developing new research products, and supporting client service and business development efforts across key accounts
Key Skills Needed
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong detail-oriented team player as you will work with all levels and teams, internally and externally
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Genuine interest in market research and gaming/media
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision (takes initiative and looks for process efficiencies whenever possible)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly-collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Nice to have but not required
- Experience with advanced analytic software such as SPSS/R/STATA
- Foreign language fluency
- PPT deck design skills
0-2 years of experience in marketing research (supplier-side)
Hourly rate based on experience.