Intern – Product Analyst (LA)
Intern – Product Analyst (Los Angeles)
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Analyst Intern to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a leading consumer market research and consulting firm focused on the intersection of traditional and new media, both domestically and internationally. This position will be specifically focused on our video game vertical. This is an internship position and Interpret will provide all necessary training. However, prior experience or coursework in market research, marketing, or business is a plus.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, London, Munich, Shanghai and Seoul, you will be working on the design, implementation, marketing, and launch of a new product line specifically targeting our video game clients.
This Internship will give you hands-on experience in consumer research, product development, marketing, business management, and sales. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Research & Strategy (Video Games).
If successful, this internship has the potential to be extended or turn into a full-time Product Analyst role. Given Interpret’s current work from home policies, the position will be virtual initially. Eventually, and with any transition to full-time employment, the Product Analyst will need to join our team in either Los Angeles or Dallas.
- Help design, execute and provide ongoing operational support for a new B2B product line for Interpret’s video game clients.
- Create online surveys and templates through a third-party program for testing and distribution to our internal gaming panel.
- Create and maintain automated report pulling (via Excel and PowerPoint) from the datasets/results of completed surveys.
- Analyze the datasets and provide high level written insights and analysis.
- Assist with creating marketing material to enable Interpret’s salesforce to pitch the new product line to its customers.
- Support the sales team by identifying targets, attending sales calls, and providing summary action items for the team.
- Attend discovery calls to determine unmet client needs that this new product line may support.
Key Skills Needed
- An entrepreneurial mindset is a must – Not all objectives have known solutions and will require new and creative problem-solving
- Systematic project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player – no “I” in team
- Genuine interest and actively engaged in video games
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision (takes initiative and looks for process efficiencies whenever possible)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Nice to have but not required
- Experience previous with market research and/or product development
- PowerPoint deck design skills
0-2 years of experience in marketing, market research, or business
Hourly rate based on experience